CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Couponing: Not Yet Extreme

I have succumbed to the couponing craze that seems to be spreading like an epidemic. Yes, I have been watching TLC's Extreme Couponing. However, I have been contemplating couponing for over a year. Has anyone else gotten caught up in this? No? I guess I'm the only one.




I have been doing this for about a month now and I have to say that it is pretty addicting!

Here are a few tips for newbies:
(Note: I am in no way a professional couponer so these are some tips that have worked for me)

1. Order multiple Sunday newspapers. Someone suggested that I order 3 and that number has been working for me.

2. Don't clip every coupon. I know, I know. Most places say to clip every coupon but if you don't have a dog, then don't need to stock up on Purina coupons. Just saying.

3. Be very organized with your coupon binder. The way I organize works for me but it may not work for you. Find you groove.

4. Don't be brand specific. I am a Pampers girl but if I can get a good deal on Huggies then I am going to buy them. That goes for everything I buy.

5. Shop drug stores on Sunday or Monday and grocery stores on Wednesday. I personally don't shop on Sunday so I go to Walgreens and CVS on Monday. Drugstore ads run from Sunday-Saturday and grocery ads runs from Wednesday-Tuesday.


Here is my stash from my latest coupon run.

(3 Palmolive, 4 All, 3 Jet Dry, 3 Finish gel tabs, 4 Stayfree, 2 Carefree, 2 Playtex, 2 Softsoap foam, 1 Ponds wipes, 3 Tic Tacs)



Total Cost: $46.07
Total Value: $128.03
Total Savings: $81.96

That is craziness! I love it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment