CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Baby Leg Warmers

So I know there are quite a few sites that have tutorials for how to make baby legwarmers but I'm going to give you my version anyway.





Buy a pair of women's knee high socks. I buy mine from Target because you can get them for only $2.00 a pair and can sometimes catch them on sale for $1.50 plus there is usually a wide variety of colors and prints. That price is way easier to swallow than the $10-$12 a pair for legwarmers bought at the store. You can also use little girls knee high socks if you want your warmers to be a smaller, newborn size.






Start by marking and cutting off the foot of the sock.





Here is what you end up with.





Mark and cut off the toe and heel of the foot.





You will now have these two pieces. The smaller piece will be the cuff of the warmer.





Turn the small piece inside out.




Sew a 3/8in seam down one of the sides. For this project I use the longest stitch length so that the fabric will still have some stretch.





This is what it should look like.





Trim off the excess fabric.





Fold the fabric in half to make a cuff with the wrong sides together so that the right sides are seen.





Put the longer fabric piece through the cuff with the unfinished edges together.





Sew together using a 3/8in seam. I don't use pins because it is easier for me to not use them for this project.





Flip the cuff and there you have it!




Repeat with the other sock and you'll have a pair of leg warmers. I can usually whip a pair out in about 20min. Super easy and saves money!

1 comments:

Shauna Lambert

Bethy this is great! I wish I had the time to do more crafts. You are amazing and talented tooo! Love ya,

Post a Comment