CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 22, 2011

Pirate Birthday Cake

My baby turns 2 on Saturday! I can't believe how big he is already. We had a little party at our house to celebrate with our family. My kids are really into pirate things mostly because I love them. So, I was brave and made a pirate cake using homemade fondant. I am not a professional cake decorator by any means so this was rather challenging.





Here is the cake. Not too shabby for a first timer. I used the pirate template found here at a Disney website. Gotta love Disney!
For the frosting I used cream cheese for the red part and fondant for the pirate. I looked all over for a good recipe for the fondant because I hate the taste of it. I found one that tastes more like buttercream frosting rather than fondant. Fondant recipe can be found here.





My SIL Bri's favorite part was this guy's earring!









0 comments:

Post a Comment