CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Maxi Dress with Cascading Ruffles

I decided to make a maxi dress for C and was inspired by this one.



You can find the tutorial here.



Here is a picture of the delicious fabric I found. It was in the seasonal section at Hobby Lobby and I snagged the last yard of it with my 40% off coupon for $6!





First, I took a dress that fits C to measure the width and length leaving enough room for a seam allowance.




I had one big rectangle. On both of the end, I cut off two ruffles to make it easier to pin and sew.




Then, I pinned the sides together. I did it this way because I wanted the ruffles to be cascading instead of tiered.







After sewing the sides together I folded the top down and sewed leaving an opening to thread the elastic.




Now, I don't have a picture for this part but I took two strips of three ruffles and sewed it on for the sleeves. I didn't do anything to the bottom since the fabric is jersey and won't fray.


Super easy and oh so cute!

C did not want me taking pictures of her!



0 comments:

Post a Comment